If you trust your property manager, you’re set. You know that he will take care of your property, so it retains it’s value. You know you’ll have tenants paying you, and those tenants are good people. You know you can access your account at any time to check on your investment. But how to find a property manager you can trust?
Choose a member of NARPM®
The answer is easy. Choose someone who is a member of NARPM® (the National Association of Residential Property Managers).
A NARPM® member stands apart from other property managers and landlords, because to earn a NARPM® designation, a property manager has to pass rigorous requirements. They have all the things you want: training, experience, recommendations, community responsibility, and continuing education. They must continue to accrue requirements in order to move up the NARPM® ladder to become fully certified.
Some of the things NARPM® property managers have are:
- Access to numerous educational opportunities.
- Adherence to the Standards of Professionalism and Code of Ethics. (Click here to read more about this on our blog.)
- Knowledge of pending legislation that could affect your investment.
- Knowledge of rent values and vacancy factors for your area.
- Expertise in creating rental applications, with consistent tenant screening policies to meet legal obligations.
- Expertise in performing thorough move-in and move-out property evaluations.
- Relationships with reputable painters, electricians, roofers, chimney cleaners, carpenters, landscapers, furnace and appliance repairmen, and other maintenance professionals. (We call them vendors.)
- Effective negotiation techniques with tenants, so they can handle difficult issues and enforce rental agreements.
- The ability to recover NSF checks, evict tenants, and collect bad debts.
All County® Colorado Springs is a member of NARPM®
All County® Colorado Springs has 20 years serving the Pikes Peak region. Our president has the highest designation a property manager can reach, the MPM®. (Master Property Manager), which takes years and experience to earn. Here is a list of our employees with NARPM® designations.
Links to find out more about NARPM®
Why use a property manager who is a member of NARPM®
The Colorado Springs chapter of NARPM®
Search for a property manager who is a member of NARPM®